As I ran today I reflected on my Boston saga as it will soon come to a close.
- Spring 2009: My easy runs started becoming fast (near 7:30 min/mile)
- May 2009: I broke 1:30 in a half marathon and started to think I could qualify for Boston
- Summer 2009: I trained my ass off
- Fall 2009: I was slammed with fatigue and depression. Both were traced to low iron stores (ferritin)
- November 2009: Boston 2010 sells out. Even if I qualify I couldn’t run Boston until 2011 and that isn’t certain as they could change qualification rules.
- December 6th 2009: I DID IT! I ran a qualifying time. During the race I went from optimism to doubt to being convinced I could do it. Celebration was cut short by a night in the hospital following the race.
- October 2010: I threw a fit like a spoiled child as I struggled for more than 40 minutes to register for Boston 2011. Every time I attempted to submit the registration form it would end up blank and I would have to start over! After a lot of cursing and making my coworkers wonder about my sanity I was a confirmed registrant.
- Winter 2010/2011: my strongest winter of training ever.
- Early Spring 2011: extreme exhaustion and minor injuries plague me.
- Today: A nice easy 6 mile run convinces me that I’m ready for this race and have the ability for a PR under the right conditions…and the weather conditions look favorable!
- Monday April 18th, 2011: ???